Saturday, March 15, 2014

TIFFANY CLUB & SURF CLUB

TIFFANY CLUB & SURF CLUB 
© James A. Harrod, Copyright Protected; All Rights Reserved

I am in the process of moving my work on this platform to a new home that unites all of my jazz research under one roof. Thank you for looking at my work here at blogger. I think you will find the new home more user friendly with links and tags to all of my research. This link will take you to this research at the new site. The link below takes you to the revised Tiffany Club examination.

https://jazzresearch.com/tiffany-club-1950-1951/



























































5 comments:

  1. Jim,
    Great historical stuff. When I was a kid I heard of Tiffany's, but never went there. Was all this covered in the two Jazz West Coast books?
    CDiaz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic post, as always! Pianist Donn Trenner is still with us and was kind enough to answer a few questions for me about the engagement just over a year ago. I published them here: http://amodernist.blogspot.com/2013/03/donn-trenner-1927.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was four years old my father was the Maitre'D at The Tiffany Club. We lived around the corner in a tall apartment building on Irolo. Sometimes, when my step-mom was late from work, he had to take me with him to the club. He'd park me at a table in the back and get me a Shirley Temple. I remember seeing Nat King Cole and being fascinated because his tongue was so red. He and my dad remained friends for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic stuff again. It's sad, in a way, to see what happened to these sites, but nothing is permanent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete